Creating my Prayer Journal
Categories are: AM MIRACLES (morning prayers and miracles)
- A – Almighty God Praising God
- M – Meditation Silence and listening
- M – My Family Prayers and petitions for myself and my children
- I – Imagine Visualize your days, your behavior and outcomes
- R – Reading the Bible
- A – Affirmations – your mantra
- C – Confession – reviewing my last 24 hours, asking for forgiveness and guidance
- L – Love This One – my blessings and answers to my prayers
- E – Everyone Else – Prayers and petitions for others
- S – Strength – Making my Amen strong!
There are two sections to my prayer journal. The first section is all about ALMIGHTY GOD. The AM categories. Here is where I seek and praise God and I’m blown away by how powerful and awesome He truly is.
My first entry in my prayer journal-
“Open your eyes! It’s God’s first gift of the day to me.”
“Morning is God’s way of saying one more time, go make a difference, touch a heart, encourage a mind, inspire a soul and enjoy your day. ~author unknown”
Are you starting to feel how great this day is going to be knowing you have someone pretty powerful watching your back?
I found this sweet little Morning Prayer, sorry I don’t know who wrote it but I think it’s beautiful
Thank you that your mercies are new every morning.
Thank you for beautiful sunrises and starry nights
Thank you for loving, secure warm homes.
Please open my mind and heart to you today.
Let my eyes see you and my ears hear your voice.
Teach me to pray and live an effective, powerful Godly life.
Strengthen my Faith, my heart and my mind. In Jesus name, Amen
My next page,
- Happy moments – praise God
- Difficult moments – seek God
- Quite moments – listen for God
- Painful moments – trust God
- Every moment – thank God
Followed by a thought ~ Susanna Wesley
May I be careful to maintain a constant habitual sense of Thee in my mind; to live and act as in Thy presence; to think often of Thee. May I ever remember that I am in the presence of the great and Holy God.
Now, here is where I start incorporating my Miracle Morning steps in, be at peace, feel love, be positive and grateful for EVERYTHING!
A – ALMIGHTY GOD
The Lord’s Prayer
Our Father who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name. Thy Kingdom come, Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us, and lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil. Amen
I Praise you Almighty God
I focus on You
For a child will be born to us
And His Name will be called:
Wonderful, Almighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace, Emmanuel, Jesus, Son of God (John 6:25), The Word, Ruler of the kings of Earth (rev 1:5), The Truth (John 14:6), The Light (John 3-19), Our Father, Lord Jesus Christ. I can go on and on here!
- You are my King
- You are my Creator
- You are my Father
- You are my Counselor
- You have made all beautiful things
- You are Hugh, my mind can’t comprehend Your power
- You hold the Universe in Your hands
- You are all powerful, everywhere, all knowing, eternal
- You are love
M – MEDITATION
(be still and listen)
To finally realize who God is to fully experience His presence, to truly know Him, I must be still. God is found in stillness. In God’s own words He says “Be still and know that I AM GOD.” Psalm 46:10. Silently wait and just be in the Presence of God. Silent thoughts to God, silent surrender of my soul, wordless worship.
Rest in the Lord and wait patiently for Him (psalm 37)
Cease striving and know that I am God (psalm 46:10)
Rest silently in His love
Pause for a moment to quite my heart and mind and just listen.
- Sit comfortably
- Be still
- Lose all expectations
- Breath deeply and know all is well
- Be at peace
I’d love to see your prayer journal or if your following along with me post your pictures on my Facebook page! https://www.facebook.com/amomentbeforesunrise/
A peak at what’s coming up next –